Cerner Program Director
43 Whiting Road Brewer, ME 04412
A director supervises managers. In some industries the program director must be a visionary who takes the strategies of the board, prepares plans and successfully implements them. This could include improving a brand or creating a strategy for a new product. It is up to the director to pass these plans on to the managers for implementation. Directors also take charge of the organization' s use of research and data to best decide the future of a project or company' s direction.
Job responsibilities of a program director include:
- Evaluating board directed strategies
- Preparing pre-cost estimates and analysis budgets
- Directing managers in goal implementation
- Hiring and supervising new managers for projects
- As the Head of PMO, Lead IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Engineers to establish high performing project teams.
- Exercise management authority in performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, and other employee decisions.
- Implement and drive adoption of tools and processes to effectively manage the delivery of IT projects for the organization.
- Portfolio management for in-flight and in-queue IT projects for all applications across all Lines of Business.
- Resource planning to ensure proper staffing of approved projects. Includes employed staff, contractors, and outsourced resources.
- Facilitate prioritization discussions between IT and Line of Business leaders to ensure alignment on the company’ s IT project investments.
- Manage the team to effectively capture functional and non-functional requirements for all projects. Ensure requirement traceability throughout the project lifecycle to ensure projects are delivered on scope.
- Manage the team to provide effective project management for all projects. Includes budget, schedule, risk, resource, and scope management. Includes effective stakeholder communication.
- Ensure projects follow standard project methodologies. Agile methodology preferred, but able to adjust as necessary based on project specifics.
- Ensure proper testing and sign-off of all projects prior to deployment to production.
- Ensure stakeholder alignment on all projects prior to deployment to production.
- Conduct post project assessment to capture learnings and ensure continuous improvement on tools and methodologies.
- Provide department wide reporting on project priorities, status, risks.
- 10+ years’ experience managing software projects
- Cerner EHR Implementation experience
- Cerner RevCycle Implementation experience
- Solid leadership, management and accountability skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to excel in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Experience with PMP, Agile and Scrum
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of portfolio management concepts in a technology setting
- Effective and creative problem solving.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
Nice to Have:
- Expertise with JIRA
- Agile certification
- Consulting background
- Vendor management experience