Administrative Director of Information Systems
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
We are in search of an Administrative Director of Information Systems. This position will be located with a client based in the Midwestern U.S.
Ten (10) years of experience in a leadership role in Healthcare Information Technology with a minimum of three (3) years as a Director of Information Systems or similar role and responsibilities. The individual must have demonstrated successful experience in managing and leading Information Systems teams which produce substantial results. Experience in implementing and supporting large scale healthcare applications including but not limited to Electronic Health Records, Revenue Cycle Management and Physician Practice Management systems is required. Individual must have a working knowledge of hardware, storage and other related technologies to support related systems. Working knowledge and experience with supporting and developing systems using technologies such as HL7, Microsoft .net, and Microsoft SQL is also required.
- Assist with the improving, monitoring and maintaining a results oriented IT organization that seeks to create value which results in measurable improvements in patient care and operations
- Provides assistance to the CIO with project management, establishing priorities, oversees projects and operational teams supporting current operations, projects and organization priorities
- Directs activities of the teams that support and maintain the organization’ s clinical and business applications including but not limited to electronic health record, electronic medical record, ancillary clinical systems, revenue cycle, ERP, and practice management
- Works with the Information Systems Network Manager to monitor and maintain appropriate equipment thresholds in support of assigned systems and application requirements
- Assists the CIO, senior management and other department owners in application selection, negotiations and contracting processes
- Assists the CIO, senior management and other department owners in developing and maintaining favorable working relationships with external software application supplies and other vendors
- Assist with developing and maintaining department and organizational policies, procedures and applications as it relates to Information Systems to meet industry requirements such as CMS, HIPAA, Meaningful Use, and other regulatory agencies
- Establishes and monitors appropriate security policies, procedures, and practices
- Plans, prepares and monitors budgets related to the overall IS operations as well as individual projects
- Ensures appropriate staffing for the Clinical and Business Applications team including hires, transfers, performance reviews, discipline and discharge processes
- Assists management personnel with resolving complex employee issues
- Must handle confidential material with integrity and maintain an ethical and trusting relationship with all levels of staff within and outside the organization
- Provides on-call and after hours assistance as assigned
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistance Vice President and Chief Information Officer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the " apply online" button below or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer a friend: Know someone who might be interested in this position? Please share this job posting by clicking the links below.